This bread is such a treat and super delicious. It`s gluten-free, egg-free, dairy free and packed with amazing nutrients! Excited?
This bread was inspired by the overly ripped organic bananas on my counter… Haha, we are not huge banana eaters. As I was looking at them, I remembered buying an amazing product which I to date have not before used. But as it popped into my mind, I thought. What a wonderful combination. This product is what I suspect to be the “secret” of the sponginess in this bread. It`s called arrowroot. Tada! 😊
Well, I`m super excited. Maybe you are already familiar with this amazing herb and it`s benefits, and it`s a real treat having it in my kitchen.
Let`s get started:
250 gram flour. I used jute flour which is gluten-free
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
4 tbsp Arrowroot powder
100 gram melted extra virgin coconut oil
90 gram maple syrup
80 gram oat sour cream
4 large bananas (450 gram without the skin)
80 gram pumpkin seeds – optional topping
Turn your oven on. 175˚C. Over- and under heat.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a baking bowl, and mix it well
- Melt the coconut oil
- In another bowl, add the bananas and squeeze them with a hand blender
- Add the maple syrup and the sour cream into the banana pure and mix it.
- Now blend everything together. So not overmix it. Just blend it, and you`re done.
- Get a loaf pan and cover it with non-stick paper. Pour the dough into the loaf pan.
- If wanted, add your pumpkin seeds and cover the top of the bread with them.
- Place the bread in the middle of the oven, and let it bake for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool a little before cutting it.
Well, there you have it. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.