Between being packed with good nutrients and super moist, this is a wonderful cake on any occasion. The frosting has two options. One is will a super creamy cheesy taste, and the other one is a sweeter. Pick and choose.
The whole cake is made with your food processor, so it`s simple and fast.
these measurments is for a small cake, if you want a normal size cake just double it and bake it 10 - 15 min more.
200 gram carrots
75 gram dates
50 gram extra virgin coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup
2 flaxseed eggs (2 tsp grounded flaxseeds + 2 tbsp water)
½ dl oat milk
¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2,5 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
1 tsp grounded coriander
1 tsp cardamom
1 dl gluten free oats
1 dl jute flour (or another gluten free flour)
Turn your oven on. 180˚C. Over- and under heat.
The cake is baked on the lowest rack in the oven for 45 minutes.
The whole batter is made with a food processor. Using both a fine shredder blade and the cutter.
- Peel the carrots
- Finely shred them in the food processor
- Change the blade to the cutter
- Add the dates, and finely chop it
- Add all the other wet ingredients
- Take a bowl and blend all the dry ingredients. Mix it with a spoon for about one minute so everything is well blended.
- Add the dry into the food processor.
- When it`s a nice, smooth batter it is done.
- Get a casserole 20cm x 20 cm, grease it with coconut oil, and pour the batter into it. Pack it down with a spatula to make it even.
- Bake it in the oven on the lowest oven rack, for 45 min.
- Once done, let it cool
- Once cool, add the frosting and garnish it with shredded carrots.